Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Heroin Diaries

It is kind of odd for me to do a book review, but hey, a nicheless blog leaves plenty of freedom. This book isn't really new, but i was flipping through it again and figured I would post a blog. To one's eye this would seem like a collection of journal entries written on a drug binge. Once you begin to read, its much more then that. Written by Motley Crue bassist, Nikki Sixx, this book really is an eye opener. The journal entries collected in this book are from the late 80's when his drug abuse was at its worst. I read this book in about two days. This book made me feel like I was there, and sometimes experiencing the psychological trauma Nikki went through. I can definitely say this book opened my eyes about abuse and addiction, and filled me with fear. Along with Nikki's entries, there are parts written by people who were in his life at that time. When Nikki and friends were putting the book together, Nikki, James Michael, and Dj Ashba were putting together songs for an accompanying album that fits nicely with the book. I highly recommend both, the cd, and the book to anyone looking for a good read. Good luck to Nikki and his future endeavors.

No comments: