Monday, March 31, 2008

Hospital Visits.

This past couple weeks my grandmother was in the hospital. She suffered a minor stroke and was taken to the ER. Upon getting there, the ER was full, along with the waiting lobby. It took over 6 hours to get a room. I'm not pointing out that my grandma wasn't being helped, I am saying that hospitals everywhere are constantly being filled up. There was a man who was almost in a coma and needed an Intensive Care room, did he get one? Of course not. VA hospital in Des Moines wanted him there, but there was ice in the air, and he couldn't be airlifted. The hospital is so full, they were sticking people in any convenient corner. I am pretty sure there were only 2 doctors available in the ER. I'm not saying this is the hospital's fault at all. It saddens me to see the alarming rate of sick people. We have one of the biggest hospitals in Iowa. To see it full is really heartbreaking. So whomever reads this blog, do your best to stay healthy.

good health to all

-Tyler

No comments: